Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Beautiful Phrases of the Bible #2 & #3

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

James2:18 Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

How beautiful are these two scriptures, especially when considered in light of each other. To say that we have faith is worth little if our actions do not prove that we have faith. We must act on what we believe in order to know that we have faith.

In the beginning of the Book of James, it says that the trying of our faith brings patience. Interesting in light of the first Beautiful phrase that my brother started with in #1.

1 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Michael C. Daconta said...

Joe, I don't see why #3 is beautiful. We need to discuss the difference between a phrase that is meaningful (insightful) and beautiful.
I think #3 may be the former and not the latter... - Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home