Saturday, October 07, 2006

Understanding how "Should You Believe" works

In reading John chapter 5:29, we hear Jesus speaking about the resurrection of life and the final judgement. Again, here I find the question "Should you believe" so much more interesting than "Do You Believe". "Do you believe" belies a question of evidence. "Should you believe" belies a question of wisdom and prudence. One could make a case for the "final judgement" as an extension of the concept that you "Reap what you Sow" taken to its logical conclusion. Put in that context, the answer should be clear for those who think clearly: Yes, I am willing to be held accountable for my actions. Yes, I am willing to put forth my actions, words, and thoughts for all to see. Yes, character truly is what you are in the dark.
So, "Should you believe in the final judgement?" Yes.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Michael C. Daconta said...

Hi Ahi,

While I find your quotes from the bible interesting, I do not really follow your argument - unless you did not intend to make an argument but just to clarify what I was saying via bible passages. Is that the case?

Regards,

- Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home